Faith in Jesus
Who is God? Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Who is God? Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly Christian forum with many religious topics and discussions, and a place to chat about it all...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Who is God? Jesus-16Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clock & Date
Keywords
Latest topics
» Make Room For Jesus
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:52 pm by malachi13

» The Mustard Seed
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm by malachi13

» God's Word In Your Mouth
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am by ~Angel~

» We Walk By Faith
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am by ~Angel~

» This is the Air I Breathe
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am by ~Angel~

» Shout to the Lord
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am by ~Angel~

» I Know That My Redeemer Lives
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am by ~Angel~

» What forensic scientists believe Jesus looked like...
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am by ~Angel~

» The Shroud of Turin
Who is God? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am by ~Angel~

Bible Verses
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Who is God?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Angel~
Admin./Site Owner
Admin./Site Owner
~Angel~

Who is God? Empty
PostSubject: Who is God?   Who is God? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Who is God?

God's claim of Creator

The first statement in the Bible is clear as to our ultimate origin: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1). God here establishes the premise for everything else that will follow.

Later, through the prophet Isaiah, He summarizes His creation of earth and everything in it: "Thus says God the LORD, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it, and spirit to those who walk on it" (Isaiah 42:5).

Through Isaiah God tells us to look at His handiwork in the heavens: "Lift up your eyes on high and see: Who created these? He who brings out their host and numbers them, calling them all by name; because he is great in strength, mighty in power, not one is missing . . . Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable" (Isaiah 40:26-28, NRSV).

On a clear night we can see about 2,000 stars with the naked eye. A century ago astronomers thought our Milky Way galaxy, with its billions of stars, was the entire universe. Now they estimate there are at least 100 billion galaxies, and possibly far more, each with billions of stars. The estimated number of galaxies continues to grow as new technological breakthroughs allow us to expand our view of the cosmos.

It would require supercomputers just to list the names or assigned numbers of a significant fraction of these stars. Yet God claims to have created every star and that He can account for each of them.

Where did God come from?

God anticipated the skeptics' often-asked question: "If God made everything, then who made God?" Notice His answer: "Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me" (Isaiah 43:10).

God is not bound by time as we are. He is "the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity" (Isaiah 57:15). Paul tells us that God "has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see" (1 Timothy 6:16).

The name most often used to refer to God in the Old Testament, Yahweh (translated "LORD"), means "the Eternal" or "He who was, and is, and is to come" (The Companion Bible, 1990, Appendix 4).

This name conveys that God is eternal and immortal. Jesus Christ also refers to Himself as "the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End . . . who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8 ). The universe had a beginning, and God existed before that time. He has always existed. Nothing—and no one—brought Him into being.

The Creator comes to earth

The Bible plainly says that God created all things through Jesus Christ, who is also called the Word (John 1:1-3; see also Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:1-2). "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).

The One who actually performed the act of forming the earth, created life on it and brought the universe into being out of nothing came to earth and lived among men as a human being. He "stripped Himself of His glory, and took on Him the nature of a bondservant by becoming a man like other men" (Philippians 2:7, Weymouth Translation).

read more here:
http://www.beyondtoday.tv/booklets/GE/meetgod.htm
Back to top Go down
https://faithinjesus.forumotion.com

Who is God?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faith in Jesus  :: The Bible.. :: God & The Bible-
Jump to: