Faith in Jesus
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly Christian forum with many religious topics and discussions, and a place to chat about it all...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others Jesus-16Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clock & Date
Keywords
Latest topics
» Make Room For Jesus
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:52 pm by malachi13

» The Mustard Seed
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm by malachi13

» God's Word In Your Mouth
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am by ~Angel~

» We Walk By Faith
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am by ~Angel~

» This is the Air I Breathe
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am by ~Angel~

» Shout to the Lord
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am by ~Angel~

» I Know That My Redeemer Lives
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am by ~Angel~

» What forensic scientists believe Jesus looked like...
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am by ~Angel~

» The Shroud of Turin
Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am by ~Angel~

Bible Verses
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Angel~
Admin./Site Owner
Admin./Site Owner
~Angel~

Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others Empty
PostSubject: Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others   Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 am

What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?

This is an issue that has confused many people.
On one hand, we are commanded by the Lord Jesus, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). On the other hand, the Bible also exhorts us to beware of evildoers and false prophets and to avoid those who practice all kinds of evil. How are we to discern who these people are if we do not make some kind of judgment about them?

Christians are often accused of "judging" whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses that state, "Do not judge." There is a righteous kind of judgment we are supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24). When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically.
Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others.

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with his sin (Matthew 18:15-17).
This is not judging, but rather pointing out the truth in hope—and with the ultimate goal—of bringing repentance in the other person (James 5:20) and restoration to the fellowship.
We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). We are to proclaim what God's Word says about sin. 2 Timothy 4:2 instructs us, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction."
We are to "judge" sin, but always with the goal of presenting the solution for sin and its consequences—the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

http://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html
Back to top Go down
https://faithinjesus.forumotion.com

Explaining What the Bible Means About Judging Others
Page 1 of 1