Faith in Jesus
The Armor of God Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
The Armor of God Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly Christian forum with many religious topics and discussions, and a place to chat about it all...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Armor of God Jesus-16Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clock & Date
Keywords
Latest topics
» Make Room For Jesus
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:52 pm by malachi13

» The Mustard Seed
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm by malachi13

» God's Word In Your Mouth
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am by ~Angel~

» We Walk By Faith
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am by ~Angel~

» This is the Air I Breathe
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am by ~Angel~

» Shout to the Lord
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am by ~Angel~

» I Know That My Redeemer Lives
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am by ~Angel~

» What forensic scientists believe Jesus looked like...
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am by ~Angel~

» The Shroud of Turin
The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am by ~Angel~

Bible Verses
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

The Armor of God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Angel~
Admin./Site Owner
Admin./Site Owner
~Angel~

The Armor of God Empty
PostSubject: The Armor of God   The Armor of God I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 am

The Armor of God

Putting On The Full Armor

Do this for every morning for 21 days, you will see a difference.. Don't go to the battlefield without your armor.
We are in a battle everyday.

How do we put the armor on?
Put it on one piece at a time, from top to bottom.
Every morning go through each piece of armor and remind yourself of its purpose as soon as you get out of bed.

First, imagine that beautiful helmet and picture yourself slipping it over your head, saying, “Lord, I choose to put on the helmet of salvation today in order to protect my thinking. I only want to think Your thoughts, Lord. I do not want any thoughts in my head that will damage my testimony or my relationship with You. When Satan sends one of his thoughts my way, I just want to thank You that this helmet of salvation will protect my thinking.”

*We must remember that the battle begins in our minds; that is Satan’s battleground. It may slip into our emotions and actions later, but it always begins with our minds. Therefore, our minds must be protected from assault at all times.

Second, picture that immense breastplate and say, “Lord, I choose to put on the breastplate of righteousness to protect my emotions. I only want to feel what You feel. Don’t let me react out of my emotions; rather, let me react to the obstacles and attacks of life based on the truth I know in my mind, in my relationship with You.”

*Too many people are led through life by their emotions. Human emotion can be a wonderful thing, but it can also be our downfall.
If you allow your emotions to carry you wherever they will, you will be utterly defeated in your Christian life.

One of Satan’s prime objectives is to make us feel wrongly about ourselves. If he can distract us with feelings of false guilt and worthlessness, leading us to forget God’s amazing grace and forgiveness, then he can cripple our faith.

Instead, make sure that your emotions—your heart—is guarded closely by the breastplate of righteousness.

Third, strap on the girdle of truth and say, “Lord, I choose to put on this belt of truth, and I ask that it keep the core of my body centered on Your Word. I want to live in the truth, walk in the truth, and testify to the truth.”

*When we are wrapped up in the truth of God, then we cannot be deceived by Satan’s lies. False teaching falls to the sides as we filter everything we hear through the truth of Scripture.

Fourth, consider your feet and pray, “Lord, I choose to put on the sandals of peace. Father, wherever I go today, I want to be a peacemaker. I want my footprints to be the evidence of the peace I carry in the Holy Spirit.”

*The Roman soldiers often had long spikes on the bottom of their sandals to enable them to plant their feet firmly in the ground. Similarly, with the sandals of peace, we can boldly set our feet on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ, trusting in the Lord that the world cannot make us lose our footing.

Fifth, imagine that giant, door-sized Roman shield and say, “Lord, I choose to take up the shield of faith. I want to thank You that, no matter how many fiery arrows the enemy hurls at me today, no matter how many trials or temptations may come, I can stand safely behind the shield of faith.” Faith is a mighty force; it is our faith that makes the difference between success and failure, between victory and bitter defeat.

Finally, wrap your fingers around the Word and say, “Lord, I choose to lift high the sword of the Spirit, Your holy Word. Father, thank you for this spiritual weapon that cuts so deeply to bring about such conviction and repentance.”

*The sword of the Spirit is both defensive and offensive. It enables us to deflect the blows of the enemy, and it pierces the hearts of sinful man. Success in battle depends upon taking up and mastering our only weapon: God’s holy Word.

*Now, how did you put this armor on? You put it on by faith. How do you know that you have it on? My friend, if you claim this armor in the power of the Holy Spirit, God will honor your commitment. Even though you cannot see it, you can trust that God will indeed wrap you completely in His power and His presence as you go out each day into a dark world.

*The danger we must avoid is the notion that we can choose what pieces of the armor we need for each day. Would a soldier ever go into battle half-dressed? Of course not! The reason is because every single piece of armor is vital to his survival. Likewise, if we step onto our spiritual battlefield missing the helmet of salvation, or the breastplate of righteousness, or the shield of faith, Satan will surely attack our weak, unprotected areas.
That is why Paul specifically commands us to put on the full armor of God.
If any piece is missing, then we will give the enemy an easy target.

(from an email i received.)
Thank you, Merry! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://faithinjesus.forumotion.com

The Armor of God
Page 1 of 1