Faith in Jesus
Explaining The Book of Revelation Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Explaining The Book of Revelation Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly Christian forum with many religious topics and discussions, and a place to chat about it all...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Explaining The Book of Revelation Jesus-16Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clock & Date
Keywords
Latest topics
» Make Room For Jesus
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:52 pm by malachi13

» The Mustard Seed
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm by malachi13

» God's Word In Your Mouth
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am by ~Angel~

» We Walk By Faith
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am by ~Angel~

» This is the Air I Breathe
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am by ~Angel~

» Shout to the Lord
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am by ~Angel~

» I Know That My Redeemer Lives
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am by ~Angel~

» What forensic scientists believe Jesus looked like...
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am by ~Angel~

» The Shroud of Turin
Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am by ~Angel~

Bible Verses
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Explaining The Book of Revelation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Angel~
Admin./Site Owner
Admin./Site Owner
~Angel~

Explaining The Book of Revelation Empty
PostSubject: Explaining The Book of Revelation   Explaining The Book of Revelation I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:04 am

'Keys to Understanding Revelation

Why was the book of Revelation written?
The book's very name means to reveal —to unveil, to open to understanding what otherwise could not be comprehended. Yet most people believe that this final book of the Bible cannot be understood at all—that its language and symbols are too confusing to make sense.

Revelation puts many of the earlier prophecies of the Bible into an understandable context and reveals a much-needed framework for prophecies relating to the end of the age. It accomplishes this partly through the use of symbols and figurative language that relate directly to some of the Bible's other prophetic writings.

For example, the prophetic book of Daniel uses similar language and symbols. Many of its visions and figures of speech are clearly explained. But God revealed to Daniel that the meanings of others were to remain mysteriously obscured until the time of the end. Then they, too, would be understood.

Revelation contains many fundamental keys to that understanding, and the book of Daniel contains keys that help us understand the book of Revelation.

Notice Daniel's explanation of one of his visions: "Although I heard, I did not understand. Then I said, 'My Lord, what shall be the end of these things?' And He said, 'Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end" (Daniel 12:8-9, emphasis added throughout unless otherwise noted).

Contrast this with God's purpose for the book of Revelation. God the Father gave the prophecies contained in the book of Revelation to His Son, Jesus Christ. He passed it to Christ in the form of a scroll sealed with seven seals (Revelation 5:1). But as John—who wrote the book under God's inspiration—tells us in his concluding chapter, an angel specifically commanded him, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book …" (Revelation 22:10).

John explains that God the Father gave most of the book of Revelation to Christ in the form of a scroll sealed with seven seals. Jesus then broke those seals and opened the scroll.

"And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne [God the Father] a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals. Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, 'Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?' And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it … But one of the elders said to me, 'Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals'" (Revelation 5:1-5).

Here is the key to understanding the book. Jesus alone can unlock the meaning of its symbols, visions and descriptions. The first verse of this book announces that it is "the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him" (Revelation 1:1). Christ reveals its meaning. He unlocks its seals. But how does He do it?'

to continue reading about understanding Revelation click this link:
http://www.gnmagazine.org/booklets/RV/keys-understanding-revelation.asp
Back to top Go down
https://faithinjesus.forumotion.com

Explaining The Book of Revelation
Page 1 of 1