Faith in Jesus
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly Christian forum with many religious topics and discussions, and a place to chat about it all...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" Jesus-16Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clock & Date
Keywords
Latest topics
» Make Room For Jesus
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:52 pm by malachi13

» The Mustard Seed
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm by malachi13

» God's Word In Your Mouth
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am by ~Angel~

» We Walk By Faith
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am by ~Angel~

» This is the Air I Breathe
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am by ~Angel~

» Shout to the Lord
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am by ~Angel~

» I Know That My Redeemer Lives
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am by ~Angel~

» What forensic scientists believe Jesus looked like...
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am by ~Angel~

» The Shroud of Turin
What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am by ~Angel~

Bible Verses
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

What is "Putting on the Armor of God?"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Angel~
Admin./Site Owner
Admin./Site Owner
~Angel~

What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" Empty
PostSubject: What is "Putting on the Armor of God?"   What is "Putting on the Armor of God?" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:15 am

In the book of Ephesians, Paul writes his letter to the church at Ephesus, giving them specific instructions in his absence. Within this letter, Paul commands the church to put on the full armor of God. Just what did Paul mean by such a command?

To understand the meaning of the Paul’s command, we need to see the background of the command. Paul who was writing from Rome, as a prisoner, wrote the letter. Paul was probably writing this letter in the company of Roman legions who stood guard over him. He would have seen these solders with their armor, swords and shields, as they were present in the city of Rome. Paul is writing this letter about A.D. 60, as a prisoner in Rome awaiting trail before Caesar.

Paul addresses the letter to the saints at Ephesus and the faithful in Jesus Christ. If you recall, from the book of Acts, Paul spent 3-years in the city of Ephesus (Acts 20:31). His ministry there was so successful, that the silversmiths who were loosing money, because people stopped buying idols. The silversmiths threatened Paul’s life, because so many turned to Christ. Turning to Christ, they no longer needed the idols of Artemis (Diana) produced by their guild. At this point Paul left the city, eventually returning to Jerusalem. In Jerusalem, he was arrested; from there he was sent to Rome.

In Rome, Paul was imprisoned 2-years, before his execution. In Rome, while in prison, Paul wrote to the church of Ephesus. Giving them instructions on being successful in their calling, in his concluding remarks, Paul commands the church to put on the full armor of God. Ephesus later became a stronghold of Christianity; the Apostle John is buried in the city. Jesus in Revelation commends the city for their adherence to doctrine, and their willingness to test those who claim to be disciples in (A.D. 96) (Rev. 2:1-7).

Ephesus in many ways was a model city of Spiritual war, which we will examine as we go through the various aspects of the Armor of God.

To continue reading please click the following links:

Part 1:
http://www.truthnet.org/Spiritual-warfare/6BackgroundArmor-God/Armor-of-God.htm

Part 2:
http://www.truthnet.org/Spiritual-warfare/7Armor-God/Armor-of-God.htm
Back to top Go down
https://faithinjesus.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1