Faith in Jesus
Walking on Water Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Walking on Water Welcome-3

Welcome To Faith in Jesus Forum and Chat Very Happy
A friendly forum with various Christian topics, and discussions. Have a look!
Faith in Jesus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly Christian forum with many religious topics and discussions, and a place to chat about it all...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Walking on Water Jesus-16Photobucket
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Clock & Date
Keywords
Latest topics
» Make Room For Jesus
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:52 pm by malachi13

» The Mustard Seed
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm by malachi13

» God's Word In Your Mouth
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:31 am by ~Angel~

» We Walk By Faith
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:24 am by ~Angel~

» This is the Air I Breathe
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:22 am by ~Angel~

» Shout to the Lord
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:06 am by ~Angel~

» I Know That My Redeemer Lives
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:57 am by ~Angel~

» What forensic scientists believe Jesus looked like...
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am by ~Angel~

» The Shroud of Turin
Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 am by ~Angel~

Bible Verses
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Faith in Jesus on your social bookmarking website

Walking on Water

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~Angel~
Admin./Site Owner
Admin./Site Owner
~Angel~

Walking on Water Empty
PostSubject: Walking on Water   Walking on Water I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:45 am

WALKING ON WATER

(Matthew 14:22-33; Mark 6:45-52; John 6:16-24)

Matthew 14:22-33 - Directly after this (feeding the five thousand) Jesus insisted on his disciples' getting aboard their boat and going on ahead to the other side (of the Sea of Galilee), while he himself sent the crowds home. And when he had sent them away he went up the hill-side quite alone, to pray. When it grew late he was there by himself while the boat was by now a long way from the shore at the mercy of the waves, for the wind was dead against them. In the small hours Jesus went out to them, walking on the water of the lake. When the disciples caught sight of him walking on the water they were terrified. "It's a ghost!" they said, and screamed with fear. But at once Jesus spoke to them. "It's all right! It's I myself, don't be afraid!"

"Lord, if it's really you," said Peter, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come on, then," replied Jesus.

Peter stepped down from the boat and did walk on the water, making for Jesus. But when he saw the fury of the wind he panicked and began to sink, calling out, "Lord save me!" At once Jesus reached out his hand and caught him, saying, "You little-faith! What made you lose your nerve like that?" Then, when they were both aboard the boat, the wind dropped. The whole crew came and knelt down before Jesus, crying, "You are indeed the Son of God!"

Mark 6:45-52 - Directly after this (the feeding of the five thousand), Jesus made his disciples get aboard the boat and go on ahead to Bethsaida on the other side of the lake, while he himself sent the crowds home. And when he had sent them all on their way, he went off to the hill-side to pray. When it grew late, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was by himself on land. He saw them straining at the oars, for the wind was dead against them. And in the small hours he went towards them, walking on the waters of the lake, intending to come alongside them. But when they saw him walking on the water, they thought he was a ghost, and screamed out. For they all saw him and they were absolutely terrified. But Jesus at once spoke quietly to them, "It's all right, it is I myself; don't be afraid!"

And he climbed aboard the boat with them, and the wind dropped. But they were scared out of their wits. They had not had the sense to learn the lesson of the loaves. Even that miracle had not opened their eyes to see who he was.

John 6:16-24 - In the evening (after feeding the five thousand), his disciples went down to the lake, embarked on the boat and made their way across the lake to Capernaum (just around the coast from Bethsaida). Darkness had already fallen and Jesus had not returned to them. A strong wind sprang up and the water grew very rough. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the water, and coming towards the boat, and they were terrified. But he spoke to them, "Don't be afraid: it is I myself."

So they gladly took him aboard, and at once the boat reached the shore they were making for.

Jesus teaches about the true bread

The following day, the crowd, who had remained on the other side of the lake, noticed that only one boat had been there, and that Jesus had not embarked on it with his disciples, but that they had in fact gone off by themselves. Some other small boats from Tiberias had landed quite near the place where they had eaten the food and the Lord had given thanks. When the crowd realised that neither Jesus nor the disciples were there any longer, they themselves got into the boats and went off to Capernaum to look for Jesus.

http://www.ccel.org/bible/phillips/CN171-MIRACLES.htm
Back to top Go down
https://faithinjesus.forumotion.com

Walking on Water
Page 1 of 1